Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ashton Kutcher on 'Two and a Half Men': 'It's Almost Like I Won the Lotto'

It took CBS chief executive Leslie Moonves seconds to make the afternoon's first Two and a Half Men crack, telling the Madison Avenue crowd gathered at Carnegie Hall for the net's upfront that he wouldn't be up on stage too long. "Tops, two and a half minutes," he said.

About 45 minutes into the presentation, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler finally addressed the elephant in the room.

"We could not be happier to [have] actor, producer and multimedia mogul Ashton Kutcher joining the cast of Two And a Half Men," she said.

With all the images of Charlie Sheen scrubbed from the preceding Men video clip, the brand new co-star took the stage with Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones.
"It's awesome to be here," said Kutcher. "I could not be more excited. I never in my 13 years of show business received more emails and phone calls congratulating me for this job. It's almost like I won the lotto. And I kind of did."
Kutcher is making $700,000 per episode plus incentives for Men. And he promised to "work his ass off."

Standing next to the 6-foot-plus Kutcher, Cryer joked: "Did you have to get a tall guy?"
And then he suggested a new name for the show: "One and Two Half Men."

Your Los Angeles Media Connection LAMediaWatch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment