Saturday, May 21, 2011

De La Hoya in rehab

Oscar De La Hoya checked himself into rehab voluntarily and says he will come out "a stronger, healthier person."
De La Hoya entered a rehab facility in California sometime within the last few weeks. Sources say De La Hoya is seeking help for substance abuse issues. A source close to the boxing legend tells us he has "voluntarily commenced proactive treatment to address certain health and personal issues."

In a statement, De La Hoya said, "After doing an honest evaluation of myself, I recognize that there are certain issues that I need to work on. Like everyone, I have my flaws, and I do not want to be one of those people that is afraid to admit and address those flaws.

"Throughout my career and my life, I have always met all challenges head-on, and this is no different. I am confident that with the support of my family and friends, I will become a stronger, healthier person.

"I ask for respect and privacy as my family and I go through this process."

LAMediaWatch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment